Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Home Made Lens Test

With how busy The Lighthouse Lab keeps me I rarely find the time to shoot. So when I do its usually in ungodly hours of the morning or night. This series of 6 images was shot on a lens I had made myself out of plastic pipe and some pieces of curved glass that I was given from a friend who has recently retired from the Photographic Industry. I focus literally by holding the front element of glass at different distances along the tube, also if i tilt the glass i use to focus it throws areas out of focus similar to a lens Baby. Mind you i like the fact my creation was free. Because of how it distorts and has issues focusing i feel the lens had drunk vision...so i took it out for a night on the town. This series resulted please click on image for larger view

~Stephen Frizza

No comments:

Post a Comment